Dr. Erin Sloss is excited to help children with their dental development, avoid undesired dental health problems, and provide early orthodontic treatment to kids who need it. Orthodontic treatment is not for a single age group, and early orthodontic treatment is one of the many ways in which we can help young children avoid problems with their development.
What Are The Benefits of Early Orthodontic Treatment?
Ideally, your kid won’t need any interventions from an early age. Here at SC Orthodontics, we can monitor dental growth periodically and promote the healthy development of your kid’s dental structures, reserving any treatment for the most ideal time.
Centennial Early orthodontic evaluation provides timely detection of problems and greater opportunities for more effective treatment. Prudent intervention guides growth and development, preventing serious problems later. Some of the most direct results of interceptive treatment are:
- Creating room for crowded, erupting teeth.
- Creating facial symmetry by influencing jaw growth.
- Reducing the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth.
- Preserving space for unerupted teeth.
- Reducing the need for a tooth removal.
- Reducing treatment time with braces.
Will Your Kid Need Early Orthodontic Treatment in Centennial?
Orthodontics is not merely for improving the esthetics of the smile; Centennial orthodontic treatment improves bad bites (malocclusions). Malocclusions occur as a result of tooth or jaw misalignment. Malocclusions affect the way you smile, chew, clean your teeth or feel about your smile.
According to studies by the American Association of Orthodontists, untreated malocclusions can result in a variety of problems:
- Crowded teeth are more difficult to brush properly and floss, which may contribute to tooth decay and/or gum disease.
- Protruding teeth are more susceptible to accidental chipping.
- Crossbites can result in unfavorable growth and uneven tooth wear.
- Open bites can result in tongue-thrusting habits and speech impediments.
- Ultimately, orthodontics makes more than a pretty smile – it creates a healthier you.
Is Early Orthodontic Treatment Worth It?
Absolutely yes. Some patients manage to avoid the need for orthodontic treatment in their late teens altogether, thanks to the corrections made during Phase I orthodontics.
Generally speaking, kids who need Phase I orthodontics will still have to carry on with Phase II orthodontics (which is the phase most people recognize), but their treatment will be much more comfortable and efficient than it would have been without this early intervention.
Parents can also save a lot of money as their kids won’t have to wear an orthodontic appliance to fix their crooked teeth for as long either. And please keep in mind that in the long run, orthodontic care can help improve your kid’s oral health and make dental care much easier than it would be otherwise.
Our Centennial Orthodontist Also Serves the Following Services.